How did creating your own origin myth help you better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events?

Prompt Response: 

Creating my origin myth made me realize that different cultures have different opinions and viewings of how humans, the earth, etc were created. While planning my myth, I used used a real life situation that can happen within daily life, and I used that to create a point of view of how the earth was created. I used a friendship that became into a feud to introduce a dramatic effect into the creation of earth.


Summary: In class I heavily focused on planning and creating a strong base for my origin myth. I wanted a interesting story to keep readers invested.


Reflection: I enjoyed planning and took my time thinking about different point of views or situations to establish. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Goals I would like to achieve this year.

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week, and evaluate one strength and one challenge you anticipate as we progress, justifying your insights with personal examples.

Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.